Wednesday, February 11, 2015

back skin....off

well, hubby's clothes are still hanging in the closet so it looks like he's forgiven me for taking us into the world of "vintage trailer restoration"....

in fact, every night I've returned home from work I've found him outside working on removing the back side....

tiny rusty nails, dusty installation, and the added bonus surprise???

buried deep within the rotted wood up top under the eaves?.....wasp nests...

so I wasn't too far off when I described sleeping in Pork 'n Beans was like being in Winnie the Pooh's
cozy little burrow...

only in this case...several wasp's nests....

thankfully - so far anyway....no live activity from the creepy insects....

I arrive home in time to only see the progress with limited daylight so I can't wait until Saturday to really dive in and remove the paneling...

we'll take a short road trip to Upland this weekend to purchase supplies,,,,

yesterday's lunch was spent visiting with a friend discussing the trailer's interior...she's my "go to person" when I need guidance with colors and textures...

she's an expert when it comes to fabrics and didn't waste time telling me to return the orange check bedding sheets I'd purchased - (they looked cute in the store)...but totally wrong with the flannel boyfriend quilt...

she also didn't hold back telling me she didn't like the name I've given the trailer....

I laughed...she's the second friend who's shared with me their thoughts...

honest friends are hard to come by...and I'll be keeping them...

along with my name choice Pork 'n Beans...

...I should add hubby to that list...he doesn't like it either - St-yle On The Go is our private name..
                                                                                            (Steve - Kyle)









since hubby is handling the woodworking power tools portion of this project...

I'm handling the window refurbishing department....

there's certainly damaged areas....the work ahead is extensive...the dreams are countless...

it's a love affair underway....

now I suppose there are those who would rather take out a loan and buy new missing out on all this work...

but then there'd be no stories or mishaps in taking the easy road....

and where's the fun in that?

1 comment:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Really interesting. I can't even imagine what our old cruddy desert trailer must look like under it's "skin"!