Friday, February 6, 2015














there's been a bit of baby knitting the last month or so during my free time...
mailed off just in time for his arrival and Mommy was pleased her search was over on the internet for beanies...
she's not a knitter and didn't know a few were already waiting for her babe..
the bounty of lemons have started arriving on my kitchen counter - straight from my own backyard...
it's the most adorable little Meyer Lemon tree... my own little slice of Heaven...
the first of the long season's crop begins with peeling....and peeling....and then into a jar of Vodka.....
the yellow curls will flavor the Vodka for 20 days.....
and then....
a bit of simple syrup....and back to the shelf for another 20 days.....
the mornings have been so wonderfully warm and sunny....perfect for a visit to the flea market..
so much of "this and that" to pick from .... always certain to bring home something that calls to me...
an idea for the trailer door....a granite grey plate for the shelf....the perfect orange Thermos.....
my meal planning is easy when fresh eggs are just a step away outside the kitchen screen door...
the heavy bang of the wooden screen door...wood hitting wood as it closes behind me as I carry colored eggs in the house is my favorite part of the trip to the coop...
hubby wasn't part of this "let's get chickens" idea...but he's always the first to look for eggs....sweet
the vintage aprons hung on the hooks puts it over the top....
a new seed stitch dishcloth finished while early morning blog reading about a kindred spirit living on the other side of the country....

I don't want the snow...or dust...or wild animals outside my door....

my little cottage home with a lemon tree and hens....bicycle and flower pots are perfect right here...


No comments: