Friday, April 3, 2015

although I said we wouldn't be purchasing the property visited last weekend..
it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it...

I know it won't happen...

and for now, I'm ok with that fact...

my heart strings keep me close to home..

the yard is a terrible mess....

the trailer a snail's pace...or maybe even slower if that's possible in progress...

but the wheels in my brain are certainly turning, planning for a summer crop and flowers galore...

water is an ongoing issue...both at home and work...

the drought has everyone rethinking their turf front yards and multi small laundry loads...

we may remove our front yard....yes, I think we will do just that...

hubby has enough to do without pushing around a heavy mower...

and thankfully, working in the landscape industry...I have the inside track on products...

I never really liked the look of "drought tolerant"....but I like the looks of a low water bill more...

it's warm...I'm knitting...asking myself why I have this hobby more appropriate for Maine...

the weekend is full...and it's not even here yet...

and life goes on...the good, the bad....the heartbreaking....

I stopped watching the news months ago...

that was a great decision...

I decided that news reporters are sick people...

you'd have to be to take a paycheck where all you spew out your mouth is heartbreak and then head to the bank to get your check...

my hens???

wonderful...

another great decision I made...

if you have any amount of space...get yourself a chicken....and turn off the news....


1 comment:

Mereknits said...

I hear you about the water tolerant front yard. Here in Florida we have bouts of drought, nothing like you guys, but it makes you think. I wonder why I knit or crochet so many scarves, shawls and cowls, living in Florida I really don't need many and I have gifted so many people probably don't want to see another one from me.
Hugs,
Meredith