Tuesday, April 28, 2015

while I sit and make a mental list of all I have to do today....

I dodge the cat's paw with each spoonful of my breakfast Special K cereal....

if she's not trying to lay across my computer keyboard....she's trying to snatch a bit of food..

she's a sweet old cat....so I'll confess....she does get the last melted spoonfuls of ice cream....

unfortunately for me....she can't tell the difference between Special K and Dryers ice cream...

it's all good to her and she wants me to share it....

the knitting progress?   what was done in the car over lunch...needed to be ripped back last night

so basically, I'm right where I showed you yesterday...

today's lunch will be spent with a friend...somewhere air-conditioned since the summer heat is making another trip around...

speaking of summer...well, this doesn't really have anything to do with summer...but there's this house...

do you have one of those around you? you know, the kinda house where you go past and say, "I want to see inside that house and who lives there"?

well, there's a house I drive past and I want to see her yard.....her backyard.....and I'm thinking of doing a "Ride By" (that's done on a bicycle as opposed to a Drive By in a car)....

and hope someone is outside...(bicycles can make return trips where cars look stalking and then people freak and all kinds of weird stuff happens)....

she's a stellar gardener....even back behind the wall facing the traffic she's planted and lit trees with twinkle lights for drivers to enjoy....

from what I can see....her backyard looks to be perfect...solar, greenhouse, garden beds....all fit behind a quaint cottage painted the perfect shade of creamy butter....

I just know she's a friend I haven't met yet...how weird would it be to march up to her front door and say hello?

well, that's my plan...I haven't met a woman yet who loved to decorate, garden and delight others with their homes that wasn't nice down to the core...

tonight....the bike gets dusted off....and my destination....a  Ride By...

oh, I do hope she's enjoying the evening coolness doing a bit of weed pulling in her front yard...

and don't think this is freakish of me...I had a realtor do the exact same to me...and then return with her daughter to see my house....and now?

add Karen to my list of friends...and her daughter? the best compliment ever from a teenager!!!

said my bedroom should be on Pinterest.....

if this mystery house has chickens...then I"ll know I should've pedaled over sooner...

No comments: