Thursday, May 7, 2015

hello again...
I sorta left you hanging on the "that house" post...
the one where I said there's this buttery yellow 1920's cottage that I wanted to see?

well, I did....!!
and Rich and Gayle were just as nice as I had expected them to be...

I drove over late Sunday afternoon when I spotted her out watering in her orchard area...
it's a tiny orchard but who cares?....it's adorable in my eyes with her decorations and twinkle lights...

she didn't hear my knocks at her door over the five sweet barking faces that greeted me so I left a note explaining I enjoy their yard when passing and if possible, could I please take a closer look?


leaving my cell phone number and tucking it under the mat corner I left...
first thing in the morning my cell rang with a cheery voice on the other end inviting me over...

anytime!!!

so over I went with my buddy Robin (she's the real gardener, I just love to look for inspiration)
and we were treated to a tour...

truthfully, it was less than I had hoped it would be...
from what you can see from the busy street behind their house? well, that's the best part of their yard.

but who cares?...they are both as sweet as can be and since we live in the same town...it's likely we'll see each other again...

I invited them over to see my hens (they are thinking of raising a flock) and Robin walks her dogs in their neighborhood so I'm sure she'll be chatting with them over a cup of coffee soon....

the one thing that keeps rolling around in my head?....

when I mentioned to Rich that we have a vintage trailer in our yard being restored...

he said "oh, well you would like what she has in her backyard..." and pointed across the street...

low and behold be still my heart....it leaped across the street and straight to the heavens...

a single axle vintage Air Stream peeking over her fence...

he said she stuck it in her backyard after inheriting it...

she wasn't home...or you know the next sentence you'd be reading was that I flew across the street and pounded on her front door...

but you can bet your Mother's life that I will be on her porch asking if she'd like to sell it when I see her white car parked in the driveway...

when I came home to tell hubby I found the perfect trailer...

his eyes darted to the backyard to the trailer he's been working on for three months and then back to me...

I'm not sure...but I think he might have had the look of.."I'll kill you if you bring home another trailer".....


No comments: