Friday, May 8, 2015

it's raining....
and ALL my windows are open and I'm slidin in my socks sideways across the floor....
sliding, skipping, bouncing with giddiness....
it won't last long...it never does
but the coolness and smell of wet earth is heavenly...

I won't move away and I'm through imagining that it will ever happen
because truth is...this is Home..and the ties that bind grow deep
but that doesn't mean that I won't be signing a rental agreement in some distant rain soaked
state after retiring...

hubby doesn't know it yet...but one day...he'll be porch sitting in Maine in a rented little cottage looking out to a lake where  storms clouds gather and I'll be squealing like a pig with delight!!!!

a month or two on the east coast....wearing sweaters and boots....him with a crossword puzzle, me with a local spun yarn...on a porch....yes please....and in my perfect picture of bliss....?
absent are the deer flies I've heard about...or ticks....yikes ...ticks?
those alone would keep me on the porch....

in the few moments it's taken to write this...the rain is over....

a few clean drops on my tomatoes, potted plants and roses....

sweet while it lasted...always ending too soon


No comments: