Wednesday, May 20, 2015








up early....
again...

this seems to be my life.....

but truthfully, it's my favorite time of day

need quiet ...
and the early mornings are the only time the sounds of the world haven't invaded my space..
neighbors, autos, train and planes...
thank goodness we've done away with the landline phones in the house...

the peace and quiet of not hearing that awful clanging ring and cords out of my house....
hubby says no...but soon I intend to have the phone company remove their line from my backyard...
never again the hanging cable through my orange tree and draping like a worn out jump rope attached to my roof...

late afternoon yesterday I began the "one room at a time" plan and started to tidy the house...
my bedroom was first on the list...it's always my favorite place to begin..
no matter the condition of the rest of the house ...if I can retreat to my tiny space of slumber and it's sweet, clean and orderly...then anything left undone won't send me into a tailspin of "things are too far gone"...and that's usually when I hit the internet hard in search for a new place to move....

my "road trip home" dishcloths for the next trip back to the lake house are finished and packed...
the long holiday weekend ahead will be perfect for finishing up the curtains, ordering new photos for the frames and maybe? ....buying a few more since Zoe's childhood will most certainly include years at the lake....
it's always fun to search the photos adorning the walls of the little trailer for memories of past trips and adventures...

later today, when the dinner is finished, the kitchen has been cleaned and swept, and the hens search in the gardens for bugs....
I'll tackled the tiny guest room...
this used to be my favorite little space in the house....
now it's become the room where I open the door...toss something inside, and close it quickly before I see fully the true impact of having a grown child return home to stay for "awhile"....

happy Wednesday.....it's almost time to put out the banners and lemonade on the porch for the holiday...!!!


1 comment: