Sunday, May 17, 2015




















just how much can you fit into a single day???
well, if you're up early....just about everything you want...

having an entire day to myself to do whatever I want?....

I can't remember the last time, but when the day arrived....it was perfect

starting off with time in the kitchen..which for me...is pleasure
followed with lots of crafting...
how many years had I dreamt of sewing on my porch?....

the mild early afternoon temperature, an occasional breeze, waiting for us when we drove into to vast desert to do a bit of target practice...

the recent rains making the sand soft and the ride challenging through the ever changing paths to our favorite locations...

only a single off road sand rail was seen or heard, causing me to wonder why others didn't come out to enjoy the day, but at the same time grateful for the space to ourselves...

golf carts rides, a walk to the market, meeting someone whom I've spoken with on the phone, now a face to go along with the name the next time we talk in the workplace...

sewing both inside and out the tiny trailer...
knitting while watching a newly released movie, a plate full of tacos alongside a frosty margarita..

the entire day to fill as I pleased...

not all the crafts are completed....leaving reasons to return and inspiration to continue at home...

the red, white, and blue banners, celebration of Uncle Sam decor stuffed under the bed awaiting the calendar dates have arrived..
since we'll be staying home instead of enduring traffic and relaxing with time away from work...
the plastic bags, banners and painted signs will be packed to adorn the porch at home..
another weekend is just around the corner for thread, fabric squares and recipes...

it's a new day..
very early, the sun hardly above the lake...
plenty of time to finish a knitted hat, write a few notecards, nail the birdhouses, and repaint the seagull on the post...

and then....
a road trip across the desert back home....

a perfect time to knit a drawer full of dish clothes to coordinate with my weekend sewing of kitchen curtains....

nobody will notice, or care of such silliness as dish rags and curtains...
but I will...
a memory of a day in my life...

the movie I watched?

Still Alice...
I cried through most of it...
thinking of the suffering my mother is enduring now...
of Ronnie...
of Kris...
and the unfairness of life...

and the point?

to live each day filling every possible moment..
it doesn't bother me that I don't finish my knitting projects..
or haven't learned all the cords on my ukulele...

or that I look in the mirror and see countless flaws;;
a body and face that makes me question what will be looking back at me 10 years from now...

or that my photography would benefit greatly from a class at the local college...
I'm still in the game of life...
and that's the only score card that matters...





No comments: