Thursday, June 25, 2015






there have been better weeks than this one...
it's been too hot...
flip flops and sweating...
tumblers of iced tea refilled time and again...
and at the end...
used as the perfect container as I tossed in cherry tomatoes picked from the garden..

every hour of the weekend is booked...and it's only Thursday...

it's filled with activities that are sure to bring smiles...and tears

a birthday celebration...and a funeral....
the emptiness felt every time I walk through the living room...
the silence now heard from the familiar bark that once greeted me each day...

even the smallest of seven pounds in the house has been acting so differently this week....
I can't bare to post a picture or frame her photo without thoughts of her laying there on the table slipping away...the tears flow again and the guilt....

thoughts of Mom that are so private I don't write them here in this space...
there is no place for me to put those feelings....
shoved deep in a place for my thoughts alone...safe from everyone....

I want this month to end.....

..follow up..apparently this post was a bit confusing...I had a very dear friend show up at my front door..
Mom is fine...it was my sweet dog Gina of 14 years that we had to say goodbye....
one day I will post her photo again...but not today....
my heart isn't ready yet....and I can't go another day with teary eyes to work...

No comments: