Tuesday, August 18, 2015

a long day...up before the sun....long before the sun....
off to work...
the streets empty ....
a very brief lunch......or was it just a break for a moment or two?
an overly busy afternoon...
the clock turned 5:00 p.m......

and I pushed my desk chair away from the tabletop....and called it a day...

the lawnmower is going back and forth...back and forth outside the bedroom window...
the kitchen sinks holds an assortment of dishes covered in warm soapy bubbles...

my yarn project sits waiting....
the sage colored cotton/angora blend baby blanket....
a comforting project...
my thoughts not allowed to drift from the counting and yarn overs....

a summer shift...bare feet....hair in a twist piled high on my head....

an August summer night....

no place to go...no desire even if there was....

No comments: