Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I laugh to myself when I go back and read a post I've done the day before...
it never fails that I've misspelled a word...
the reason I laugh?
because it's usually the same word I've misused before!!

oh well, it's not a big deal and reminds me to proof read before I push "publish"

so how did your Monday go?

I've had a great beginning to the week...

and another knitting project is underway...

the clock is ticking on this one - a Halloween costume for a mother's newborn...

that'll work...small size body, big size needles and bulky yarn....I think I can pull that off by Friday



Wonderland yarn....lovely color way!!



chocolate stitch markers calls for white wine ....
like chips and salsa...do they make Chip markers?

someone is ready for a picnic and camping...




I love her podcast....and yarn!!!
if you haven't seen Kristin?
check her out at Yarngasmpodcast.com

one day?...maybe, maybe...
I can go to Rhinebeck....?
and meet her?...and Laura?..and oh so many more???
yes please!!



I told you a couple of weeks back about a scarf that was giving me grief...
I kept taking if off the needles, changing patterns, frogging again...and then...again

well, I finally finished it with a simple three row repeat
and into the sink it went for a good long soak..

blocked out on a beach towel on the lake house porch, dried and ready to ship..
that yarn and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy relationship...let's hope it does better wrapped around a neck in Wisconsin...

there's a Spring shawl planned, a couple of possibilities for the Cascade and Noro combination and the surprise in the mail?

that was a gift to myself from Voolenvine Yarns...
Holly Jolly has "make me a holiday lace something!!!" written all over it in my mind...
we'll see what I come up with.
next week I'll be taking the trailer out for another Sister On The Fly trip (55 of us going this time, super fun!)
I plan to take the Holly Jolly along with me for some relaxing knitting and share the hand dyed yarn source with a fellow knitter
the wine and periwinkle Manos del Uruguay?...
I have chocolate chunk candy progress markers (progress instead of the old term...stitch markers)..I love the new changes..along with "stash enhancements"...
gotta LOVE that one!!

next time I visit a yarn shop...I'll tell hubby I am "enhancing"

so with my projects well underway...
a treat to myself all the way from Brooklyn and Kristin's apartment sink...
I love that..she dyed it, mailed it, and out into the world it goes to become something...
I just love that...
Did I tell you there's a tribal member in Africa wearing something I knit?
hand carried and delivered by a fellow knitter....

I served myself a bit of Italian food in my most favorite bowl from Door County Wisconsin...

and settled in for what is a typical Fall evening in Southern California...
pretty sure it was still 80 degrees outside...
I'm keeping fingers crossed I won't be hauling that stupid air conditioner with me again camping next week...
feet soaking in a blowup kiddie pool, air conditioner running in the trailer ...
and wool on the needles ... all while sitting campsite

in November...no...no...no...it's just wrong!!

No comments: