Tuesday, January 26, 2016
























there's been a great deal of activities around here since I last chatted with you...

last week ended on a high note at work which was a perfect way to roll into the weekend...

a camping trip was planned with the kids and hubby hadn't experienced all his handy work on restoring the trailer, so it was time to take him along too....(it's only been me and my Sisters On The Fly up until now having all the fun in the little vintage trailer)

Zoe loved it - it's literally a dollhouse on wheels for her and being stuffed with all things twinkly and three dogs included to join her on the big bed...she was a happy camper!!!

the dogs?....they loved every second of the trip....spoiled and carried and loving every minute

I've discovered that Leah is the perfect marshmallow toaster over the campfire flames and she came up with the PERFECT way to eat them.....
inside the trailer the toaster oven was warming iced cinnamon rolls....
outside....Leah toasted marshmallows...
and then the two met over a paper plate and it was heavenly.....
warm gooey marshmallow over iced cinnamon rolls........the perfect morning meal with coffee
I could have eaten more but my jeans are tight enough from the holiday boxes of Sees candies that I've enjoyed....

the camping trip was a success and more are in the planning stages....
next time...beach front and surfboards

on the way home we checked the movie show times and planned our afternoon...

Star Wars....we were there together when the first one hit the movies...we went back for the new one
it was wonderful...I enjoyed every minute of it....and truthfully, I think you really did need to be there when it all began to fully appreciate "the force".....it was such fun when it all started
people used the phase "the force be with you" during the course of their day...hoping that some how there really was going to be a day when we would be zipping all around on those cool space ships, lasers and weird little creatures that we would talk to....
oh, having your own R2D2 or Ewok...how fun that would be?...

so you can imagine how happy I was to come home to find packages in the mail waiting for me...
one very special one with colors from the movie we were returning from just watching!!

one from Sweden...don't you love their stamps?...how fun it that...I'm keeping that package for sure

she included a beautiful postcard and thank you note..

another .....super exciting envelope to open!!!! Star Wars mini skeins!!!
because 2016 is the year of my sock yarn memory blanket, I've been selecting some special yarns that will reflect activities of 2016...and this movie had to be included

but the biggest plan for 2016?
this is the year of knitting socks for me....
my stash was basically empty of sock yarn and I needed some serious inspiration to get started...

and now I have oodles of lovely colors....blends of softness....and new needles...well, two really!!

so how many socks have I completed?......zero

but I do have pretty yarns don't I?

hubby's birthday is coming up soon and he's the first one who will be wearing a pair of hand knit socks...let's hope they fit...without holes would be nice too....

the Stroll and Felici yarns were ordered through Knit Pics,
(I bought all the colors available on the Felici because people rave about the softness and that it isn't always available)

and nothing sells something faster...than telling someone it isn't always available...

geez, anyway...no regrets...it's beautiful and extremely soft and I can't wait to begin...

hubby mentioned one night during dinner that Michaels Craft Store had all the sock yarns on sale...
and looking across the table at me he asked "do you want to go after dinner?"...

I told him to chew faster and finish eating because the knitters of Orange County would clean out the shelves before I could get there....of course, when we arrived....there was no shortage...

apparently the Orange County sock knitters are normal people and don't race around gathering sock yarns at 7:00 p.m.

so, with my shelves and baskets now full at home.....

hubby selected the Patons Kroy yarns for his first pair
(I'll be using the favorite pattern by Susan B. Anderson free on Revelry, love that woman, sure wish I could join in one of her classes one day)....we'll see, anything and everything is possible in life!!!

so very soon now the sock knitting begins....
He & She....hubby and me...will be wearing lovely socks...
the colors for me, the solids for him...
but I was so pleased and quite excited when he said..."anything is fine" when I asked about strips and colors!!!...and then he asked  "do you wear them outside or just at home?"

I laughed to myself because I'm hoping they just fit and don't unravel from dropped stitches before he decides where to wear them at all...!!!

and the sock yarn memory blanket?.....it's going to be spectacular!!!...
I'm wasting time having fun with that instead of casting on socks!!!

and my wonderful husband....will wear my hand knit socks...
whatever condition they end up looking like...too tight, holes, strips that don't match...
he's wonderfully perfect that way!!!

in time...I fully expect to become the perfect sock knitter....
and I have fifty skeins of sock yarn to get me started....!!!!

oh, the bliss of being a knitter....
sad that so many in the world haven't discovered it....but better for those of us who scoop up all the yarns and stuff them away under our beds, dresser drawers and closet shelves!!!

see you soon...I'm off to begin a new day!!

No comments: