Monday, January 18, 2016



Wizard Of Oz skeins...
love, love, love!!! 




Woolful yarn....Atwood Shawl

hopefully off the needles soon and blocked







happy new week everyone...
I've be doing a bit of knitting over the past couple of days on my sock blanket...
and again....trying to become a person who enjoys sewing..
it just isn't happening I tell you...

I turn on YouTube videos for inspiration...
follow the directions...
plug in the iron...

and an hour or so later...

looking at the pitiful little project bag I've created...

and by the time the sun set on Sunday...

I've come to the conclusion....

I'm supposed to be a customer for all those talented people who spend their time on building Esty shops....

I will continue with my pull string fabric bags...and that's where it's going to end...

on a brighter note...my darling hens are beginning to lay eggs again

my sweet peas are popping through and growing up the trellis...

and staying on course for part of my 2016...

we enjoyed home cooked meals all week long...

have a wonderful day...I have more to share soon...

p.s.
I'm not going down with the ship....I will continue to sew...next bag....with a ZIPPER!!!

they may look like crap, but thankfully, as far as I know, there are no Sewing Police patrolling my neighborhood that will show up to my front door step and demand I turn in my machine....
I just won't take my little bags out further than my own front yard....
and continue hoping that one day my little granddaughter Zoe....
won't follow in Nana's step when it comes to handmade anything attached to a sewing machine!!!  

looking back, what was that stupid Home Economics teacher's name in 8th grade?
Miss Fancy Pants that looked at me like I was the stupidest student she'd ever had in a class during the "Build A Garment" semester....while she stood ironing on a ham some creepy looking suit for her Mr. Fancy Pants husband...

I suppose the writing was on the wall at 8th grade.....

little did she know that I would totally excel with an apron and cast iron skillet....

      




No comments: