Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July Flavor of the Month.........




American Birthday Cake - Strawberry and Cake Flavored Ice Cream with Confetti Topped Cake Pieces Swirled with a Blue Whipped Cream Ribbon.......

Due to the search involved to find this limited supply and the month quickly coming to an end - I splurged and ordered two scoops......







Well, if I were five years old I think I would have LOVED IT......

Since it's been awhile since I've had only five candles on my birthday cake (still waiting on the Train Cake) - the cone went into the trash can.....

It looked good....it sounded good.....I had to call six Baskin Robbins to find it due to all the other stores being sold out........BUT......


I have to confess, I put the half eaten cone in an empty ice cream cup so as to not let anyone see me trashing a highly rated Baskin Robbins product. The joint was packed (we found out this particular store sells cones Tuesday Night = $1.00 per scoop) so there would have been too many witnesses to my crime of tossing out a perfectly good, colorful, flavor of the month cone. There was a young girl sitting at a table nearby who was watching me too closely, comparing her green/chocolate flecked cone to my 12 colored ice cream treasure.... if her Mom wasn't sitting there with her, I would have offered her the frozen treat with my gratitude for taking it!!!!


I was joined by Mom and a special girlfriend, both ordered the Flavor of the Month, we all agreed - let's hope next month will be better.

Have a great week, looking forward to posting all kinds of knitted stuff soon, I need to locate a couple of new needles sizes tomorrow for the upcoming road trip....in the event I can't find them, a bunny hat (two tones of browns) will be the replacement while we cruise up the state of california.

Enjoy your day

1 comment:

Prairie Rose said...

wow...it is very colorful,isnt it?
Well, lets hope that August's flavor of the month will be something yummier!
Have a great day!