Sunday, April 28, 2013

yurt camping

as I was saying....

we settled into our home away from home...



 there are going to be lots and lots of pictures....

so you'd best get yourself a drink, snack and get comfortable....
the view of the tippy top ceiling...

our view from the back door....morning mist

quiet....

daddy's baby..

to give you an idea of the wall structure

while Steve fished....
I stayed behind to take in the joy of an afternoon table...

some day....
I want a grove of trees of my own....

and until then..
I'll sit and dream about it...

once a stagecoach path...

leading to an quaint rustic hideaway...

maintained by the current owners family for 75 years...


Cold Spring Tavern Restaurant...
originally a stagecoach stop...

interior view of a yurt

consider renting one...
it  was better than I'd expected

on the way home I'd hoped to visit this yarn shop

instead...
I could only leave behind my nose print on their shop window...
"closed"...

but not a total disappointed..
I came away with an idea...


tri tip sandwiches for the ride back...

a bit messy ....

Pacific Ocean...Santa Barbara... Overcast....
you want beautiful weather..
move inland


we'll return to the Tavern another day..
Steve has his heart set on a Buffalo Burger





we took along a couple of movies ....
I've slept on this the last two nights...
inside the restaurant it's very rustic and small
very quaint and historic

he ate from Steve's hand....
drank from Annie's water dish.and came inside the yurt to watch me knit...

a full weekend indeed..

have a great week ahead


back to work to earn a buck..

so I can buy a grove of trees...

5 comments:

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looks like a great time. Awesome photo of the tree grove (good for Fence Friday, too!). And fun movie selection!!

Changes in the wind said...

So glad you got all the pictures loaded...it was worth the wait...love that little bird..too bad he couldn't come home with you.

JuJu said...

Other than that BED, everything looked marvelous! How did you keep from bringing the birdie home with you?

Puppy dogs in Purses. Please tell your hubby that I like it much better when he does it than when Paris Hilton does it.

And, that hat is DIVINE!

Southern_Belle_Reincarnated said...

Love the pic of Steve holding Annie....so adorable.

Unknown said...

Kyle looks like it was a wonderful get away! It's so beautiful up there. I loved the Yurt too! They are so neat aren't they? Your pics are awesome too...