Saturday, June 14, 2014

I swear I drive myself crazy….
if I could find the "Off" switch in my brain I would hit it…
ping pong thoughts that bounce from Mom's health, to decorating the back porch, to moving away from the area entirely….

a commonsense conversation with Pam is always helpful…
no, I won't be moving to 5 acres to build a dream home at the age of 68…

nor will I buy the 1935 700 square foot 2 1/2 acre parcel in the middle of nowhere because I think I could decorate it making it look adorable…..
never mind the fact it was "purchase as is"….held together with rusty nails and a prayer

so as Steve sleeps the morning away….I tend the chicks, trim the ivy, listen to birdsong, surf the photos of Pinterest, plan my demolition of the back patio, swirling thoughts for the front porch, look at 10 swatches of fabrics wondering what they will become, deciding only 3 changes of clothing will go into the suitcase for the Portland trip, and plan for Ariel to come home on Tuesday for the preparations of the camping trip Wednesday…and it's only 7:02 a.m….

see how my brain works….oops, I hear Steve up and moving about…

I'll go share my plans with him and see what he thinks….
most likely asking himself "why did I get up?"

enjoy your day!!!

1 comment:

Portland Pam said...

Well it is almost 10 hours since you wrote your blog.......I can only imagine what has gone thru your head in that vast amount of time! Can't wait to see your ideas for the patio come to life.