Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hum???…..last Tuesday I was feeling less than great….

seven days later…..

I'm still sick….

not a good sign……

my options?

get dressed and get on with life….

I'm only a few days away from a road trip so let's hope I'm going to be feeling better soon…

today is Leah's birthday!!!
….. happy birthday sweetie….I wish I could have known you as a baby, but in part I see a peek of Leah Baby through Zoe…. a busy bee with bright eyes and smart as a whip...

it's kind of a bummer having a birthday fall during the week….I can't escape work and go play with Leah for the day and have lunch together ….waaaa

that's probably for the best….she would likely end up catching my cold….not the kind of birthday present I want to give….

with this down time spent mostly coughing, bags full of sore throat cough drops and lemon tea my knitting has been keeping me entertained…

a chevron baby blanket with yarns that have been stored for several years….Zoe was delighted when I took the lid off and asked…."can I touch it?"…. "it's pretty"…"this one has sparkles"... "purple"
she just couldn't take it all in fast enough…I do hope one day we'll be knitting together side by side….

when she was two years old I let her enjoy a container of yarns….that was a mistake….
a tangled mess resulted….but three years old?…

.well, that's a whole year older….and the results…. neatly stacked piles of her favorite colors…

have a great day friends….I'm taking my cough and heading out into the world….see you tomorrow….


3 comments:

Mereknits said...

The blanket is gorgeous, the colors are perfect. Sure hope you are feeling much better soon.
Hugs,
Meredith

Unknown said...

happy Birthday Leah! Sorry your sick Kyle, hoping you feel better soon. Love that baby Z is enjoying the yarn, so sweet. Have a great day!

Leah said...

Thank you so much for the amazing presents. i love them and i love you!