Wednesday, November 12, 2014





I know from news reports on the television that some folks around the country are cold….
so please forgive me….anything with the word "ice" maybe avoided

lets talk ice cream….
I still laugh when I remember the ice cream adventure in Portland - I was on a mission and 30 minutes for three stops before closing so the ice cream was gone in three seconds flat...

it's my favorite weakness…(and good buttered popcorn while watching a movie)

on my last trip to Trader Joe's I picked up this carton of buttery sweet heaven….

I'm not sure if it's just a seasonal treat or available all year long…

but, if you enjoy ice cream (gelato is still ice cream in my world)…

you may want to be sure to offer this up to your family on the next dessert night…
or save it all for yourself…I won't tell

what I neglected to take a picture of is my silverware drawer…

it's filled to the brim with a wonderful assortment of flatware gifted to me from my sister-in-law Gayle
(secretly The Dutch Girl)

I have many "favorites" sterling forks, spoons, a very favorite knife but my special ice cream spoon didn't make the photo lineup…

each and every time I open the drawer I am reminded of the generosity and select which utensil will be "my favorite" today..

heaven forbid hubby ever lets one slip down the sink drain….I do wonder as I dry them off and put each one away…

who else once used my favorite flatware???

the white pottery ice cream crock?….another favorite I bought from the waitress who served soup in it while I lunched with a friend…

I've done that a few times…if I love the dish…they'll often sell it to me to take home …

my two beer glasses??? my son loved them, so they now have gone from restaurant, to me, to him….

enjoy your day…see you soon….today's lunch will be from a paper bag…no fun dish coming home...

No comments: