Thursday, November 13, 2014

I was up early today…earlier than usual

for me, that means hours before the sun…

I love days that begin this way…

a few moments spent with a book, a current knitting project, a favorite blog...

I opened the storage containers of yarn in search of the special Noro…

a very special yarn for a very special person…

will be knit into an oversized scarf to help keep her warm…

she sent me the kindest card I've ever received…

words of what she thinks of me, what she sees when she's in my company…me???

I was touched, amazed and puzzled….

how could someone see such special things in such an ordinary person?

I hope this scarf will keep her warm, each and every stitch will be filled with gratitude….





on my way to fill the bird bath…
blooms were there to greet me..
enjoy your day friends…

there was another card….from Pam….I've saved it in a special place…it's weird but I thought that after I'm dead if someone else were to read it than they would know I was special to her…
kinda creepy I know, but she knows me well and it would give the person an insight to the person I really am...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful!!! I bet others see just so wonderful you are also! Just don't say it. I guess this is a reminder that we all need to acknowledge the special people in our lives! I am so glad you posted about this.
You are special....you just need to see that yourself. We see it.

Mereknits said...

I think it is lovely to get a card from a wonderful friend who sees you as you really are, not what you think you are. The scarf is going to be an exceptional gift to her in return.
Hugs,
Meredith