Monday, February 8, 2016

I never leave home without these....
every day...
lunch hour crafting....






















since we last talked...??
the rain went away...
the sun came back full force causing the tee shirts and shorts to return..

and the mailbox has been my favorite location...

first to arrive was a needle holder from "Just Jenni" Etsy shop...(she also has a new podcast!!)

I'll be showing you the double pointed needle case later in the week when my first pair of socks are done...
it's a secret..a birthday gift for hubby,
but he never reads my blog so I'm safe to share this here with you...you won't tell him before his birthday

the mini skeins are arriving from new Etsy shop owners...each package a different person
it's a great way to try new yarns and fiber combinations..
each one is always a treat to open and see what's carefully wrapped inside the tissue papers...

my favorite of the week???...really so far!!!

The Silver Shed project bag...it's perfect in every possible way
exactly what I was hoping in size, fabric, sewn beautifully and an extra surprise inside..

I have been holding onto a mixed pink, black and white skein of fingering weight for just the right bag...
now it's ready and waiting...a few WIP's in the way..and then I'll settle down to enjoy this just for me

my sewing table is a complete cluttered mess, covered with bits and pieces, threads attached to everything possible..
the Valentine banners are hung...
the chicken coop yard will have a fresh set sewn for the hot summer months ahead....

the sock blanket has a few more squares attached,
a beanie is just a few rows away from casting off,
another skein of Woolful is due to arrive today so that I can complete my Atwood Shawl..
hubby's socks are still in progress..

another weekend ended...
Mom stayed over and enjoyed the Super Bowl...
hubby got the grass mowed..
we made it through the weekend without the puppy pooping in the house...
yup, it was a good weekend...

I'm off to work to earn a dollar this morning....the weekends are too short..right?

enjoy your week ahead..I'll see you soon with my first ever knitted pair of socks..
then I'm off to enjoy a birthday celebration and dip my toe in a lake and picnic lunch in the desert...

I love knowing there's another road trip coming soon....

that's hours of knitting time in my book!!


No comments: