Wednesday, February 10, 2016

the week is going well...
a bit too warm, but that seems to be the typical weather pattern now ....
not great when I'm trying to knit wool socks...

my mail box has been empty...which is making me a tad grumpy....
why?
because I purchased a skein of yarn last week to finish my Atwood Shawl..and it hasn't arrived yet

I paid for it the day I ordered it...
was told it would be mailed out two days later...not sure why when all she does all day is sell yarn
and here I am seven days later...no yarn..

the shop location....?
down the freeway 30 minutes...
we're not talking out of state here folks... just a hop and skip down the road...

I will call tomorrow to inquire and hope to find it safely tucked in my mailbox when I return home from work...

I have a five hour drive to look forward to on Friday that will be perfect for the last bit of lace rows to finish up the shawl...
the only thing standing between me and a weekend away on Friday...? possible jury duty..

let's hope the five hundred other people who have been going through the process all week are selected so hubby can enjoy his birthday instead of a sitting in a courtroom...

I suppose there may be those out there who would lecture the civic duty is a responsibility that everyone should take seriously and jump at the opportunity...

well jump away my friends...feel free to take my seat...
trust me...you would never want me on a jury if you are in the courtroom...

the day I heard knitting needles were no longer allowed in the courthouse..
that's when I decided there was no way I could spend countless hours with strangers inside a building listening to lawyers....
I can't sit in a chair long enough for a hair cut...a trial?..forget it

I'm keeping fingers crossed we are on the road and my lap will be
filled with Woolful fingering weight yarn Friday afternoon...

otherwise?...hubby will be spending his birthday with lawyers.....
and I'll be wondering why I ever shopped in a yarn store that never mails out their customers orders...



good night all....I'm off to bed
to dream of all things wooly and sheepish.... 

No comments: